Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tribute to one of the greats !


I figured i would do my first couple blog posts from those artists that im sure we have all known or at least recognized their work and in my case gathered much inspiration from over the many years. This Picture was taken by one of my favorite photographers Mrs Ellen Von Unwerth, The image was in one of her many published books. The book was called "Revenge" and was published in 2003.

As for the characteristics or my infatuation with the image... The image has an antique feel with black and white, but also has a nice amount of grain hinting that it was not taken with a modern day digital camera,  the lace corset is also not a modern day piece of attire, but more of a collectable "camp" brand corset which are very nice and very expensive if you happen to be shopping for one. The truncation of the head works wonders in this image and leaves so much to imagination that i find myself just staring at it. Im also a big fan of the lighting within this image as well. theirs great shadow detail and a fair amount of contrast for a seemingly over cast sky. I would Love to hear your thoughts on the image ! are you familiar with her work ?

No comments:

Post a Comment